How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Andrew Your Own Question
Andrew, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 129
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Andrew is online now

How can i go about getting a part deed transferred and how

This answer was rated:

how can i go about getting a part deed transferred and how much will it cost
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: i have not taken any step because i have no idea what to do
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Tulse Hill SW2
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: NOT YET

Hi, could you please clarify exactly what you want to do. Do you wish to transfer a part of your property to a third party? Andrew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to transferred from the second person to someone else
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can u cancelled my call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just text me please

I am happy to chat online.

Could you please confirm that the property is owned by 2 people (let's call them A nd B) and the property is to be transferred from A and B to B and C?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A and B is the owner, B would like to transferred to C

Thanks. Well, you will need to have the Land Registry document called a TR1 to be prepared and signed by all parties, including A. This is because the legal ownership o the property is changing an hence all current owners need to sign.

If you are not familiar with Land Registry procedure, I would recommend that you instruct a local Conveyancing Solicitor to prepare the TR1 and get the document registered. He is likely to charge £350 plus VAT and there will also be a Land Registration fee to pay of £20-£80 depending on the value of the property.

I hope this helps and if so, I would be grateful if you could leave feedback with 4 or 5 stars before you leave the site today. I am then happy to answer any follow up question.

Kind Regards Andrew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much Andrew, all the information you gave, will be very useful,I will act upon it.9/10

Thanks. If you could rate my answer formally by clicking on the stars at the top of your screen, that will then enable me to get credited for my time.

All the best.

Kind Regards Andrew

Andrew and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Andrew many thank for your good advice yesterday, I have now contact a solicitor who is now dealing with request..

Great, thank you.

All the best