Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I own a business with a partner, we have fallen out and

Customer Question

I own a business with a partner, we have fallen out and yesterday she and my landlord had the locks changed on our joint premises. I can no longer enter to work or get my personal affects.
I have not been told why but I have been verbally accused that I have subletted the space (which I have not). And that I’ve misrepresented myself, again I have not. And this hasn’t been formally told to me.Can I remove myself from the lease contract now because they have locked me out unlawfully under section 82 of the coronavirus act 2020? Where do I stand with this and future payments?
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 1 year ago.

Hi thank you for your message, you can ask the landlord for you to be remove they would need to agree but if they want you to not be involved in the business then they should agree to this. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.