How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 8010
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I rent privatly and getting housing benefit my land lord

This answer was rated:

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I rent privatly and getting housing benefit my land lord sold the house do I need inform the housing
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: which form
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: in london
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no


No, you do not need to inform your local authority as you are still a tenant and renting privately. All that has changed is your landlord, who is now the new owner. Your tenancy still continues.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is housing will find out my Landlord has changed

They may ask you for details of your landlord, in which case you may say who it is now.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you

You are welcome.

Please click on 5 stars to leave a positive rating so that I may close this question. Thank you.

UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you