Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Looking for an expert to review a two side user rental

Customer Question

Looking for an expert to review a two side user rental agreement for a building from the leaseholders of the building. Prior to 2019 the lease was held by another body and nominal ground rent paid for around 50 years by same group who occupy the building now. New user agreement from new lease holder looks unreasonable?
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: I can show you a copy of the user agreement which hasn’t yet been signed
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Meadowbrook Community Centre Dartington TQ9 6JD
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Fees?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ll wait
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the agreement I’d like reviewed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything in particular you find unreasonable?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are questioning the following parts;
5. Could it be firmer with regard to annual review, say not to rise above 5% increase.
12. Early determination - currently states ‘any time on reasonable notice’. Could this please state a timeframe instead, ie 12 months notice.Also, do we have ‘sitting tenants’ rights as for 50 years prior to 2019 ground rent was paid under a lease to Dartington Hall Trust who actually built and bequeathed the building to the Dartington community. They didn’t want to retain the land and building so a new lease was negotiated in 2019 with a group of trustees, the DRA Dartington recreation Association. It is they who have produced this agreement. However, the occupants and usage of the building as always been the same since around 1970 thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I call you could you put summary of advice in an email to me as well pls?

I do not feel I have sufficient expertise in this so shall opt out for another expert.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find continuing a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I’ve had this sorted by someone else now thanks