Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I paid a 20% deposit in December 2019 to be carried out on

Customer Question

I paid a 20% deposit in December 2019 to be carried out on my roof in June 2020.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Sorry I was just checking a date! I agreed that the company could start on 25 May but they had to delay and turned up on 26th May 2020. When the roofer saw the job he was negative finding all sorts of reason that the job was difficult and he left without telling me. This reduced my confidence in the company and so I told them to cancel. I later asked for my deposit to be refunded but due to a clause which gave me 14 days from signature (December) refused this request. Is this refusal Lawful? I am in Scone PH2 6PW
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None so far but asked C A B - no response to date.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be able to assit

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

Did you cancel only because you lacked confidence ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do NOT wish to continue waiting for an answer. Please now do what you say and cancel. I do not want any further contact from the company you work for. You seem to want to charge me £50 a month for membership which I did not ask for. I am already harassed by the company with unwanted BT Mail Services.Call me if you wish.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is Rip Off Britain. DO NOT CALL ME
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

I am not sure what provoked such a response. I am not seeking any additional payment from you. You may have received an automated call asking you whether you wished to speak on the phone. That, is optional which you may ignore. Additionally, I am unable to answer you if you do not provide the additional information which I asked, so, therefore, it is disingenuous to suggest that you were being scammed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have cancelled because I do not have confidence in you - nothing personal!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want anything more to do with Just Answer.
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 1 year ago.

That is fine. I did not take it personal. All the best

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shall log off now