Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I would like to get professional feedback/correction on the

Hello,I would like to get professional feedback/correction on the attached draft compensation agreement between my company the Landlord and our tenant and the letting agency.I need to make sure the agreement covers all mandatory legal points and if the tenant does not move out, become invalid.
Thanks, Marta
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
File attached (7Q7Q62V)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, Can you advise when you think you may be able to find someone to review it for me? It really is urgent and I hoped that as per your statement on the website I could get a response in 24 hours. A response by end of day today London time would be helpful.Thanks so much,
Marti
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Nicola,I would like an answer please. Please carry on searching.
Also, Can you advise what make this case so hard to accommodate?Thanks,
Marta
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello, Can I please get an update on this question?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

You just want to know whether the document is legally binding?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Jamie,Thanks.I want to make sure that the document is legally binding and enforceable.
If any part of this needs changing to make sure it is, then what changes are required.Thanks,
Marti

It is. But you just need to amend:

· The full and final compensation amount is £300 (the “Compensation Amount”).

To:

The settlement in full and final settlement of all and any claims amount is £300 (the “Compensation Amount”).

That is it.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Jamie. Does the agreement need to state that if the tenant fail to meet the condition, then the settlement become invalid or something like that and the tenant need to go to court if he wishes to?We dont want to add anything that is not absolutely needed but as we are new to this space just checking if that is required in the unlikely event if we do end up in court?Can you advise?|If it is needed do you have a text we should use please?Thanks so much

Yes you can do that if you want.

But when its signed its a contract anyway.

Does that clarify?

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor