Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

My partner in a joint lease walked out on me and the lease

My partner in a joint lease walked out on me and the lease on Tuesday. The initial period of the lease was 6 months and it's currently running month to month. I can't afford the place on my own, how much notice do I have to give (the original lease was signed 15th May 2019), and will my ex partner have to pay his share of the notice
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Is this a UK site - I am in Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham West Midlands
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Please can you provide a copy of the tenancy agreement so i can review.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Uploaded now

As discussed please see below the link which provides a guide on how to end the tenancy.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/renting-privately/ending-your-tenancy/ending-your-tenancy/