How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2421
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

We need advise on how to handle a discussion with our

This answer was rated:

Hi We need advise on how to handle a discussion with our neighbour about a common area that we want cleared. But the neighbour is accusing us of bully.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No. This happened just yesterday.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: London. We are on the ground floor. It’s a maisonette. The neighbour lives upstairs
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: our Kitchen Window opens to the area and we have requested her to keep in Clean. The Council left common bins in the area a few years ago. We tried using the common bins but the neighbour’s rubbish was so much we requested our separate bins (smaller bins) and we keep them in the garden. We did object to the big bins being near the kitchen though it was annoying. There is a tap to water our plants behind these bins we used to have to move one bin to use the tap. Recently she lost her big bin and got 2 smaller bins. So instead of 2 bins there are 3 So it’s difficult to move and use the tab to water the garden.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I did mean to say we did not object to the bins for a couple of years though it was annoying.
Hi, thank you for your message. Have you spoken to anyone else about this matter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I was thinking of contacting the council mediators
Hi, thank you for your message. You will need to write a formal complaint to your local council who may investigate the matter and contact your neighbour on your behalf to stop their actions. You can find your local council here:
I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today
Joy Nicholas and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you