How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Leyla Shahin-Mehrube Your Own Question
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 331
Experience:  Family Solicitor at WLH Solicitors
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube is online now

I am about to inherit from my mother a 50% share in a

This answer was rated:

I am about to inherit from my mother a 50% share in a property. The other 50% is owned by my brother. They were tenants in common. How do I get my name on the deeds of the property so that am now ta tenant in common with my brother?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Gloucesterhire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I am the executor of my mother's will and am about to receive a grant of probate.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hello I will try to help you. You will need the Grant of Probate to assent half of the property from the estate to you. You will need forms AS1, AP1 and submit them to the land registry with a fee together with the Will and death cert. I have included here a link that should help you if you are attempting to do this without a solicitor: hope I have answered your question. Please leave Me 5 stars so I can be credited for my time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is it an AS1 or an AS3. The original will was sent to and retained by the Probate office. Will a copy suffice?
apologies AS3 for assent of part of property. Yes copy of Will.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
an AS3 and an AP1?
Leyla Shahin-Mehrube and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Than you for your help