How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2445
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

I am having regular fights with the land lord over service

Customer Question

I am having regular fights with the land lord over service charges. I am a leaseholder. I am retired with a very low income pension. Can you help to find a pro bono solicitor
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in Dover CT16 1AH
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I had several lawyers so far and they all advised me that the landlord was wrong to demand so much nad the section 20 notice defective. Right now I am going to write to the landlord with a proposal to reduce the service charge for negligence on his part and spread the balance payable in 10 years duration. Also give full clearance to sell the property and any 10 year agreement pased over to the buyer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is all for now but there is a lot more if you needed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your message.
You might be able to find a pro bono lawyer by attending/contacting a LawWorks Clinic. The LawWorks Clinics Network is a network of free legal advice sessions that LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group) supports. For more information and to find a network near you please visit the following website:
You could also visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau ( For more information please visit: or Personal Support Unit for advice about a legal problem (For more information please visit:
I hope this helps- if you can please accept my answer (there will be a box to do so) and give me a five star rating top right corner of your screen. Just Answer will then credit me for answering your question today.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not happy with the answer. I came to you for a specific implementable answer. Are you able to help? If "NO" please say so I do not waste time chasing you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want proper written answer. Please provide an e-mail address so I can write.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not need a robotic answer. Once more my e-mail address:***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good bye
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. You asked for help to find a probono solicitor. Unfortunately we cannot represent you as we only work online. If you have a specific question I can answer it here?