Andrew
Andrew, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
107536658

A friend of mine has left the proceeds from her will to the

A friend of mine has left the proceeds from her will to the grandchildren of her school friend for the money to be invested for the children until they reach the age of 21,there are 4 children age range from say 3yrs to 7yrs the solicitor for my friend has said in her will the proceeds of the house sale shall go to the children at the age of 21 yrs, there is no mention of a trust fund although I did send him a copy of her diary where it is stated, it now turns out that one of the parents is a commercial Barrister and has decided to buy a property with the money for the family no doubt it will follow that the other parents will do the same my friend would be very upset that this money in effect is going to parents and not the children, the solicitor has said that he has lost the diary entry stating that a trust fund is to be bought with the money is there anything that can be salvaged as it appears that the parents deciding to buy property surely changes the whole dynamics of what was intended.

Hi, could you please tell me who are the Executors of the Will?

Kind Regards

Andrew

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The executor is commercial Barrister, I was in the beginning due to the fact that this executor had juhad the 2nd of two children was working in London and was looking for somewhere to rent in Edinburgh and only stepped in when the house was to be sold my friend passed in April 2019