INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am looking to buy the freehold of our house and wanted to

I am looking to buy the freehold of our house and wanted to clarify something

Thank you fo ryour query. How may I assist today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are looking to purchase the freehold on our UK property. I have requested a price from the freeholder and received a response, and wanted to ask some questions

What are your questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked about purchasing the freehold, and they sent a letter back with a price for purchasing the "leasehold title". What is this? We are the current leaseholder

I am not sure. Can you provide a copy of the letter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this private? I do NOT want the letter to be public or seen elsewhere

This is a public forum. Can you just provide a summary?

It does not seem correct that they have sent you details regarding the leasehold if you already own it. It seems they may have made an error. They should be sending you details of the value of the freehold, not the leasehold interest.

I would suggest you contact them again ans ask them to clarify the information provided to you.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,