How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 15947
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

I am looking to buy the freehold of our house and wanted to

This answer was rated:

I am looking to buy the freehold of our house and wanted to clarify something


Thank you fo ryour query. How may I assist today?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are looking to purchase the freehold on our UK property. I have requested a price from the freeholder and received a response, and wanted to ask some questions


What are your questions?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I asked about purchasing the freehold, and they sent a letter back with a price for purchasing the "leasehold title". What is this? We are the current leaseholder


I am not sure. Can you provide a copy of the letter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this private? I do NOT want the letter to be public or seen elsewhere


This is a public forum. Can you just provide a summary?

It does not seem correct that they have sent you details regarding the leasehold if you already own it. It seems they may have made an error. They should be sending you details of the value of the freehold, not the leasehold interest.

I would suggest you contact them again ans ask them to clarify the information provided to you.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks,

INC Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you