Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have my name on the lease we have arrears my relationship

I have my name on the lease we have arrears my relationship has now broken down how do I remove my name
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is my son

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

Could you please confirm what kind of Lease is this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It’s a month by month rental on a house

Is it a joint tenancy Agreement?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you

In a rolling monthly tenancy, you can terminate the agreement by giving one month notice to the Landlord

If it is a joint tenancy agreement, all the tenants can a month`s notice to the Landlord and evict the property and it would end for all of the tenants

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is in joint names with arrears my son spoke to letting agency and because of arrears they won’t take me off is there any way I can come of if I agree to zy half the arrears
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
His ex partner is staying in property

In a joint tenancy agreement, all the tenants are jointly and severally liable for the rent payments.

you can repay your rent arrears and the Landlord can sign a new agreement with the other tenant who wants to stay in the property.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can he pay half the areas as a joint tenancy

If all the tenants mutually agree to pay their halves, for the Landlord all the tenants are severally and jointly liable for the rent payment

You would need to speak with other tenants for the rent arrears, once it is cleared then you can give your notice and remove your name from the lease

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

&

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sort of but thank you

If that answers your question, May I politely remind you to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today.

Thank you and all the best.