How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1999
Experience:  10 years legal experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
John is online now

I’m landlord. I live with my lodge. I feel threatened in my

This answer was rated:

I’m landlord. I live with my lodge. I feel threatened in my own home by abusive disturbing tennant who is taking medication - I fear for my health and possibly my life from domestic abuse culminating in an incident last night of domestic violence police attended and released without charge - her tenancy agreement ended last October and she is now refusing to leave my property - I need help urgently to remove her from the house
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Mill hill Broadway
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I give to her vacation notice with two months
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: She haven’t deposit with me , refused pay rent as she lost her keys and she’s changed lock in her room with no my permission and spare key . She blaming me I stole her keys which not true

Hello, I’m a solicitor and I’m happy to help with your question today. There may be delays in responding as I am away helping other customers but I will get back to you as soon as I can. Please bear with me if I need to ask you some clarifying questions. Thank you.

Hello, what is your question regarding this please, how can I help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. I would be so pleased if someone helping me about my situation as I not fear for my heath and all her threats
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do apologies I haven’t got money to pay for phone call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could is possibly to get advice by texting as I have only my trial day

Hello, the call comes up automatically. Please ignore it and I am happy to continue online by text

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First I think my tenant made from the copy of old tenancy agreement the present agreement.

Regarding your situation, if there is violence then you will need to continue to call the police about this.

As a lodger, they have less rights and protection therefore you can take steps to evict them from your home. She is not a "tenant" by law despite what any agreement says. She is an excluded occupier. You have already advised a notice has been served, I would suggest you proceed to take control of your house, but changing the locks on the doors and not giving her a key. She has no right to change the locks herself without your permission.

I would recommend that due to the potential violence, you get a witness or even police presence when you wish to evict her and change the locks and put her possessions in storage when you do so, and leave them outside on the street. It is within your rights to do this, she is now staying there illegally, and as long as no physical contact or assault takes place there isn't anything she can do. But as stated, to prevent violence then make sure you have somebody else there present, to witness it.

Does this help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She’s long time spend her deposit which she’s gave me in begging and I can’t prove that . What shall I fo

She will need to prove it and will have to take you to court to do so.

Can you see my response above?

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yesterday I met my friend to talk about my situation and have been drink wine as we have a lots arguments with tenant and when I was back she was met me already with video camera on her phone and have been very rude to me and made video of my friend on camera . I came to her to cover by my hand camera and she’s punching my nose then I pull her hair for self defence.. protect myself.. my friend have been running to helping me as I was screaming from pain and his picking up some hair as she’s hold my hair is well which he’s throwing away as evidence our fighting.. he’s was scare if police arrested me . Also she step hardly on my feet what I have got bruises now. I call police they are came .. but before she’s bruised her arm and said police I did it . Today morning I just asked her please can we talk as normal but she saying I recorded all your conversation with your friend as I did put on speaker to asking as he was witness and he saw exactly what’s happened between me and tenant and how she’s have been rude and pro vacate for that fight. She say she going completely do my life in hell because I’m in mess with her
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She’s also treated me what she’s tell I’m working from home sometimes to my work as I’m beauty therapist as some times I got my own clients . I pay tax from my working place and in future I would like running to my own professional business but she’s say I’m illegal work she want made I lost my work pay penalty charge for working from home

As stated, you will need to start taking steps to get her out of your home. Or your situation may deteriorate.

Do this as soon as possible. My advice is as above.

Does this clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She’s every day stay at home . I need solicitor for protecting me by court what she’s want to do in future with me

You can find a solicitor here

John and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much John for your advice what is makes clearer my mind with my rights and future steps to sorted out my problems

Wishing you all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you . So appreciate for kind of your wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just would like to ask if you don’t mind how much will be cost me if you can protect me in court with my lodge ?

We can’t act for you on this site. But I will provide a link for you tomorrow to obtain legal assistance for free to act for you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John one question. Police advised me by corona virus all landlords and landladies been notified they cannot evict during corona virus - she assaulted me last night breaking into bathroom whilst I was in there - I defended myself and called police - police took her and released her few hours later and she came back to house - she lost her keys blamed me and ordered me to give her spare keys for my house against my will - I feel uncomfortable and uneasy and frightened for my safety - Against many thanks for indeed great help .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John you indeed will safe my life if you provide me that link to obtain to the legal assistance. You simply angel . Many thanks

Here is the link

All the best. John.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
John thank you so much for your clarify advise