Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  BA honours degree in law, over 20 years experience in litigation, contract and property matters
12609314

I would like to know firstly how to check if a second charge

I would like to know firstly how to check if a second charge on my property has been removed
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I took out a loan and the loan has now been paid off. I asked th loan company to remove the second charge when I paid it off and they said it could take a couple of weeks and they said i should check
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Kent in united kingdom
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I've already sent this question through

Good evening

You can do this by applying online for a copy of the title deeds to your property from the Land Registry.

The information in the deeds includes the "Charges Register " which will show all the charges registerd against the property.

If you find obtaining the deeds difficult on the Land Registry site a local conveyancing solicitor will be able to for a nominal fee.

If there are any further points kindly reply I will be happy to respond.

Otherwise please either click to accept or rate my answer on the system so I get credit for my time.

Best wishes

Michael