MARCUS Malin
MARCUS Malin,
Experience:  Consultant Solicitor at Setfords
66642005

My daughter has received transfer documents from her ex

Hi, my daughter has received transfer documents from her ex partners solicitor and they change his middle name and misspell his surname on the form that states the transfer of interest in the property is this still legal binding. Thanks
JA: What steps has your daughter taken? Has she filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I don't think so this has been going on since Oct 2019 she has had 2 solicitors in that time her present solicitor has gone furlough but she read the document and said looks ok she's receiving £20500 some of her share of which she paid in and this is the part where his name is ***** ***** worried she may loose her money. Thanks
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does your daughter live in?
Customer: At the time she lived in Worcester but lives West Midlands now
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's all thanks

Hello, my name is Marcus.

The names should be correct. It certainly wil not lead to her losing her money but the error should be pointed out to the solicitor who prepared the TR1 just to ensure all is correct.

As I say though it will not effect the agreement but the spelling needs to be correct.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome.