How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 8014
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I have a partner that has moved in he hasnt signed any

This answer was rated:

I have a partner that has moved in he hasnt signed any tenancy agreement and ive tried to get him out where do i stand he says hes got rights ? Regards Gemma
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No im going through a divorce at the minute so dont know what to do
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Two Dales Derbyshire
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just need to know where i stand if they could text me tomorrow its a bit difficult texting now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brill could they text tomorrow when i can reply


Are you married to him?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No im getting divorced from my husband hes just living with me

I am unable to call.

In that case, he has no rights to be in the property if you do not wish him to be and you may lock him out of the property by changing the locks or call the police if you feel threatened.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you could continue online i cant afford a phone call as im paying out solicitor fees
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brill thank you is this a month trial do i get an email at the end to cancel many thanks

Please click on 5 stars. We do not need to speak on the phone.

UKSolicitorJA and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you