How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2850
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

Ricketts and I have been refused a property please I need to

This answer was rated:

Hi my name is ***** ***** Ricketts and I have been refused a property please I need to know what to do

Hello Marie,

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

Could you please elaborate, which property is that/social housing or private rental and the reasons for the refusal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have being given a social housing and they turn me down because I have got a ccj on my credit report and they saying have got too much outgoing the can offer me a property because they think I won't b able to pay the rent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is a social housing

Could you confirm if you employed at the moment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
am working part time but am furlough at moment have got 3 children am on tax credit and I received child maintenance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
child benefit

thank you for your reply.

If your application has not been fairly treated, you can either challenge such a decision of the council or make a written complaint about such a decision.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They turn me down because have got credit card and loans amount of 9000 but gave never mis one payment and I do make sure my rent is paid and I got support from my baby father to help with my loans

You can also make a complaint to the Local Govt and social care ombudsman.

Vineet S and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They say that I can appeal but my question today if u have got a ccj and u making payment to loans should that b much of a problem for a social housing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who is the local Gov please

If there are no arrears for social housing rent, then it should not be a problem if you can provide them with the evidence of your employment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do provide them with every evidence and I don't owe social housing no money

Follow the below weblink for making a complaint to the Local Govt and social care ombudsman-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have provide them with everything and they still saying have got too much outgoing and I won't b able to pay there rent
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My temporary accommodation with the same company is 200 pounds per week and because one of there team mates applied to the council for top up they saying the council paying my rent because I cant afford it and I was paying 100 pounds to them every week for around 4 month

Complaint using the above given web link, they can look into it and resolve the issue

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello again have seen u taken 43 pounds from my account for call I didn’t ascept the call could u please cancel that money please it’s not fair

Please note, I do not have any control over payments or refund requests.

Kindly contact Just Answer`s Customers team for your refund request, by emailing at***@******.***

Thank you.