Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
107933507

Can I access my property via a public foot path, braypool

Customer Question

can I access my property via a public foot path
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: braypool lanr brighton
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: want to buy a pece of land for a new home but only access is a public foot path
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: can I get a mortgage if access is via a public foot path
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
can I access my property via a public foot path if I build a piece of land to build my family home
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 14 days ago.

Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 14 days ago.

Good morning, are you still looking for assistance?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
will wait
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 13 days ago.

Good morning, I am a solicitor. If access to your property is via a public footpath then yes of course there should be no problems. The majority of properties are accessed via a public footpath/road because everyone has free right of access over them. It is more of a difficulty when access is via a private road because the specific access needs to be granted in the deeds. Hope this helps?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Is the access situation the same for a public btidleeay
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 13 days ago.

Could you clarify what you mean by btidleeay?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Sorry for typo I mean bridleway
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 13 days ago.

As long as it is a public bridleway then the same principle applies. A bridleway grants the public access on foot (and by horse) but it should not affect you obtaining a mortgage. Does this help?

Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 9 days ago.

Is there anything else I can help with? Otherwise I would appreciate if you could accept and rate my response so that the question can be closed. Many thanks