How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 3908
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

A shop owner, whos property runs from the highstreet to the

Customer Question

Hello,A shop owner, whos property runs from the highstreet to the back of our property, has come onto my front garden to carry out works to his external wall without any prior permission. Is there anything I can do about this legally?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 15 days ago.

Hi thank you for your patience. He should have sought your agreement first. It is trespassing and if he has not finished yet you can stop them either by simply telling them or by securing an injunction order against them. They should have asked you for permission and if it’s necessary work and you had refused they would have needed to apply for an Access Order to be able to enter your property to do their work. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
But what can I do now he has finished ?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 15 days ago.

Nothing really unless he has caused some damage in which case you can pursue him for compensation. You needed to have stopped them whilst the work was ongoing.