SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

A shop owner, whos property runs from the highstreet to the

Customer Question

Hello,A shop owner, whos property runs from the highstreet to the back of our property, has come onto my front garden to carry out works to his external wall without any prior permission. Is there anything I can do about this legally?
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 15 days ago.

Hi thank you for your patience. He should have sought your agreement first. It is trespassing and if he has not finished yet you can stop them either by simply telling them or by securing an injunction order against them. They should have asked you for permission and if it’s necessary work and you had refused they would have needed to apply for an Access Order to be able to enter your property to do their work. I hope this helps and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
But what can I do now he has finished ?

Nothing really unless he has caused some damage in which case you can pursue him for compensation. You needed to have stopped them whilst the work was ongoing.