How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 17224
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

To you, I wish to put a charge on a property for a loan I

This answer was rated:

Good day to you,
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: I wish to put a charge on a property for a loan I have given, the owner of the land has agreed to this; I just need to know the costs involved.
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: Cambridge
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that springs to mind.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Will the person borrowing agree?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Okay, I'll await your reply.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No, I have paid for this service and I would appreciate you answering my questions.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The person borrowing has agreed to me having a charge on the property.

Ok. Is it just them that own the property?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
it is .

Then you need to complete form RX1:

Complete it with the form of words N from Practice Gude 19:

Send it to the Land registry completed and signed.

They will put a restriction (charge) on the property which means your consent is needed when selling

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you