How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Madhu Pal Your Own Question
Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 225
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Madhu Pal is online now

Will my existing indemnity insurance cover me for a rear

This answer was rated:

Hi Will my existing indemnity insurance cover me for a rear extension which was built without planning permission and building regulations if the foundation is found to be insufficient to build on further from 3mtr to 6mtrs
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Harrow, London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes if my indemnity insurance will cover me for a damp issue I have as a result of poor building standards

Good afternoon

The indemnity insurance only offers protection against any financial loss in respect of local authority enforcement action, it is not a standard form of insurance protection for defaults. Therefore you would need to make a claim under your home insurance. Hope this helps?

Madhu Pal and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you