How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ross Miller Your Own Question
Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1767
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Ross Miller is online now

If I’m let my house to a letting Agency what details would I

This answer was rated:

If I’m let my house to a letting Agency what details would I need regarding paperwork
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no don’t don’t want to signing anything until I’m hundred percent sure he’s only send the contract through
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Bilston
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: l don’t know should I send you a copy of the contract

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Thank you

Have you been offered anything from any agencies so far?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.

Ok so when you look at making an arrangement with an agency they will have a contract for you which will cover all the aspects you need. This is not something you will have to put together as they will already have it. I would look through in detail to ensure that they are responsible for everything you want them to be responsible for i.e. collecting rent, doing annual checks etc. You will also want to pay attention to the "break clause" in the contract. This sets out how you can terminate the contract and what timelines are involved in this. However, these are usually fairly standard but always worth looking at in detail just to be sure. If there are any clauses that you don't agree with etc. then you can offer to reword these. If you are uncertain then you could have this reviewed by a solicitor or a better option may to be to come back here and have one of the experts review this for you.

So you have done the right thing by contacting the bank. You will also have to contact the police and get a fraud incident number from them and pass this onto the bank also. What will happen is there will be an investigation from the bank and the police and if it is found to be fraud then the bank may refund the money back to you. If the police are able to trace the scammers then they will be charged and also you can take legal action against them to recover the money if the bank do not refund it. Unfortunately there is no "quick fix" for this and you will have to allow the bank and police time to do their investigations.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks


Ross Miller and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you

Has this answered your question?