Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

I forgot to sign earnest money ck am i still liable to go

i forgot to sign earnest money ck am i still liable to go thru contract
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: yes we made offer seller accepted offer we went to view property and did not like neighbor hood backed out of contract except it was pass the 10 day insp
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: state of oregon we reside in Az
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi thank you for your message, sorry you did not sign an agreement to rent a property?

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
this was a purchase not rental yes we signed an agreement but did not sign earnest money ck

Hi thank you for your message, I understand, my view is that yes you are still liable to go through with the contract as you have signed the agreement. That said, normally if you were to pull out you would normally forfeit the deposit which you have not paid so that does give you some leeway.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 2 day ago.
the ck is in escrow we did not sign ck so seller could take me to court

Yes that is my view.