Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

In england is it legal to take photos on the streets when

In england is it legal to take photos on the streets when there is people on them? When there are cars and car plates on them? When there are shops that show advertising cartels outside where the shop logo is displayed? Or where there are logos or other kind of cartels whose logos might be copyrighted or trademarked?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Yes it is legal to take photos in any public place. This falls under the EU privacy laws. These laws state that you can take pictures and films anywhere as long as there is no reasonable expectation of privacy. So if you are out in public then it is obvious you are not going to bet any privacy as you are out and about. However if you were in a secluded back garden, you can reasonably expect privacy there so it would be unlawful for someone to take pictures or videos of you there, same with inside your house. So to answer your question, yes this is perfectly legal.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I live in shared house, is it legal to take photos of the common areas or of me on the room? If there is no anyone else on those photos? Also if on a videoconference at work, i show my room and in the background of the room there was a global world map of the world, it would be copyright infringement?