Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

I live in shared house, is it legal to take photos of the

I live in shared house, is it legal to take photos of the common areas or of me on the room? If there is no anyone else on those photos? Also if on a videoconference at work that i perform from my room and in the background of the room there was a global world map of the world, it would be copyright infringement?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
A porttrait with a world map as decoration in the room
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
In the room that i rented in a shares house that had those portraits on it
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
shared

Hello I wondered if you were still looking for help with this matter?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Ok so to answer your question in short, yes it is perfectly legal. This is property you are paying for so there is not reason you cannot take photos inside the property. To point out the obvious as long as you are not posting the pictures with any defamatory statements, or using them maliciously then you are doing absolutely nothing wrong. If you are taking the pictures to show faults within the house then this is perfectly ok to. If you are posting them online, then be careful that you are not putting out a picture with anyones private information on it etc. whilst not illegal it is good practice. However to answer your question in short, yes you can take pictures in the shared property.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks

Ross

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
What about the question thqt i did about the worldmap and videocall?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Is it included in this answer?

Yes it forms part of the same answer this would not be copyright infringement so you are perfectly fine to do what you have stated. I wouldn't worry about any of that.

Many Thanks

Ross