JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I don't know if you can help but I'd like to know who is the

Hello, I don't know if you can help but I'd like to know who is the owner of a house a couple of doors from mine? It's a rented property and the neighbours are occasionally a nuisance. Not too bad so far but not great.... I'd like to know how to contact their landlord should I need to. Ids there any way I can get contact details for them?
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Gosh no! It's just an idle wonder to be honest, but their behaviour gives me a little cause for concern on occasion.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Norwich, NR3 1EE, number 49
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this a free service or will there be a charge? I am very unlikely to want to take any action - more an insurance so if they are a big pain in the butt I can say I'm getting in touch.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Since I am asking and have paid up I may as well try and find out the landlords of a couple of other houses, if that's allowed?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
other numbers in the same postcode I'd like to know about are 51 and 57.

Hello, this is Jim, a dual-qualified lawyer (UK & Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.
The title deeds will confirm who owns that property and this is likely to be the landlord. You can order title deeds for that property here :
https://www.landregistry-titledeeds.co.uk/land-registry-documents/

You can teach against those door numbers to find out who owns the properties.
You can also speak to the local council's housing department as they regulate landlords - you can speak to them via their site : https://www.norwich.gov.uk/info/20306/noise_nusiance
The council is under a statutory obligation to deal with noise issues and nuisance. If the tenants are causing issues then the council should be able to help you.
I hope this helps? If I have answered the question would you kindly leave me a 5 star rating (at the top of your screen), any follow up questions are welcomed.

Many thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Will I need to pay for those documents?

Yes you would - the cheapest option is to go directly to HM Land Registry. This site should allow you to do that - it costs a few pounds :
https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I don't want a £44 phone call! I was rather hoping that having paid £5 you would be able to acess the documents and the info I'm after right away...

The title register costs £3 for each house you want to search. Just Answer is a question and answer site, we do not carry out legal work, only answer questions, sorry

The call is optional (and I am unavailable to take a call in any event).
If I have answered the question (the way to get contact details for the landlord) then please let me know. If not then I can clarify the answer for you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Fair enough... Title Register says £19.95 so I don't think Im looking at the right bit...

OK, if you try this one, it should only cost £3 : https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ah! Got it!

No problem, can I help with anything else?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ach! I am trying to register but it says my user name is ***** ***** valid format...
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok, cool, I have got the info I am after, well the names anyway. That's cool. Thanks for you help.