How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 18343
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have an exteme tenant issue that has been going on for

This answer was rated:

Hi, I have an exteme tenant issue that has been going on for nearly 3 years. The tenant has been destroying the property and terrorizing the neighbors. Last night, the 5th person to live in another flat in the building left because of his actions I get contant reports of breaking doors, drug use, threatening behavior, and im told tje flat is so debilitated it will need to be compleyely stripped yet he wont let anyone in for repairs, and ive been spinning through the court sysyem firver. Isnt there anything i can do???
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Yes, we filed all the paperwork and finally had a court date for june but it was canceled due to covid This man is becomong a threat and a danger and yet he wont leave and complains about bad conditions hes creating with his parties
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Camberwell Road on london
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that this is extremely important and we have to do something. A woman lived there with her baby literally left and was to afraid to get her belongings bevause of him


If the person is arrested and taken into custody for his criminal behaviour, you could reclaim your property back, otherwise I am afraid you would need to go through the civil court process that you have already commenced.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I've already been trying to go through the courts for 2+ years but it just keeps getting delay after delay. From he reports I've been getting there is so much damage to the flat its on the verge of being condemned, and the other flats in the building cant be occupied because of his behavior
He seems to be working multiple government aidsystems including getting money for disabilities and housing which seems 100%fradulent and I dont know how he keeps getting away with it. He seems to have plenty of money to take vacation to Cyprus and the partying and behavior the neighbors report is completely contradictory to the disability he claims
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
He's even trying to sue ME saying I'm not fufilling my landlord duties by repairing the flat but I have many witnesses and documents proving he wont let any of my contractors in. How do I get him arrested or who can I write or talk to be taken seriously?!
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ill take any response or help but just please dont tell me to do NOTHING!

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I see the expert has opted out, what else is it you want to know?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Well he didnt really respond...
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Did you read any of the follow up I requested? His answer was very vague and incomplete

What stage are proceedings in Court?

I would issue a S,8 notice then seek a Court order for possession.

S.8 notice is one where there is a breach of the tenancy.

There is no format for this. If they dont leave then you can seek a Court order for possession by completing forms:

And N119:

The Court will set it down for hearing and decide whether to give possession.

But that is what you need to do

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 18343
Experience: Solicitor
Jamie-Law and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you