Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Is it possible to get a rent concession with landlord for

Customer Question

is it possible to get a rent concession with landlord for commercial tenants?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Wales
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: low service provided, and ask us to pay rent in full for the coronavirus outbreak period.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: possible solution
Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat. So, please ignore any phone call request pop-up,they get generated automatically without any input from the expert, so I have no control over these requests.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

Hi there,

Commercial tenants who cannot pay their rent because of coronavirus will be protected from eviction till 20th Sept. Under the Coronavirus Act 2020, a landlord may not enforce a right of forfeiture for non-payment of rent in relation to a commercial tenancy between 26 March to 30 Sept 2020. under Sections 82 and 83 of the Coronavirus Act.

However there are no changes to the law regarding ending tenancies or rent reductions in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, and until something mutually agreed between the tenant and the Landlord,

So any rent concession should be mutually agreed with the Landlord in writing.

If you have any follow-up question, please let me know

&

If that answers your question, then please don`t forget to rate the answer

Thank you and all the best.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 14 days ago.

Please don`t forget to rate the answer.

Thank you and all the best