MarianC
MarianC, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
109551472

Purchased an apartment last year and later realized an

Customer Question

Hi, purchased an apartment last year and later realized an external window handle is broken and the window wont close when I got round to renovate it
There is a witness to this.
Is it up to the sellers team to sort this or the management company ?
Also I was led to believe I could purchase additional parking from the estate agent. This was not in writing.
The management company have said there are only allocated parking. There is no mention of parking in the lease.
Any idea what I can do about this ??
Expert:  MarianC replied 4 months ago.
hi there
Hope you are well.
Usually the management company are responsible for external repairs and maintenance.
Do you have a copy of your lease and i will take a look for you?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks. its the window handle so does that count as external ?
what shall i do about the parking it appears to be shared for the block theres less parking slots than flats, but not many of them are used. im sure id be paying for the maintenance of the parking area in the service charge..
Expert:  MarianC replied 4 months ago.
Do you have a copy of your lease? I can check whether the parking space is included
Expert:  MarianC replied 4 months ago.

Good morning

I cannot see you have provided a copy of your lease. If you would still like me to take a look, I will happily do so if you can upload a copy here.

Generally, it does depend on what is stated in your lease as to who is responsible for repairs.

If there is no parking space mentioned in your lease then it is unlikely that you will have one allocated. If you speak with the management company, they may be able to tell you how to proceed to purchase one.

I hope this clarifies somewhat.