Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I am getting hard time from my warehouse landlord as i am

Customer Question

hi i am getting hard time from my warehouse landlord as i am wedding supplier and wedding are not happening due to covid 19 what i need to do
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: aylesbury
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have contract with my landlord upto august 2020 and due to covid 19 we are effected big time and without income even government said no one can force tenant to leave there home or warehouse or force for rent but they didn't flow that rule and send me solicitor's letter and pressure me to pay there legal fee £550 but when i send my trem contract to there solicitor he didn't said anything and then we get small business grant and we carry on paying there normal rent but in june money was running low and we cant keep with full rent so we decide to leave the warehouse and some kind people agree to given me space into there warehouse then when everything was packed and we was ready to go i call the landlord and ask where and whom to hand over the key then he said you don't need to go i will reduce your rent for july and august and we will discuss september rent according to the situation less or more as might be wedding going to start again in september so as we have to move lot off stuff i agree to stay there. but our september october wedding postponed and he didn't said anything in begging of august but around 20th august he send me text saying your rent is going back to normal and september rent you need to pay i told him i cant pay full rent then he said he getting offer for other people more rent we can pay september rent and move out now they sending me email and keep calling me i am looking for other space i told them you drag me to september unnecessary you should told me begging of august and we can go then don't have in written what he promise what i need to do i m really stress
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 6 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm have you spoken to anyone else about this matter?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
can you response by email as you promise please in £5
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
hello
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Due to COVID19 landlords should be more understanding and can apply for mortgage breaks through their mortgage providers. I would advise that you write them a letter setting out your claim and what you want from them. You should explain your situation and negotiate a repayment plan in accordance with what you can afford. The courts are currently not handling eviction notices however these are due to restart mid September. The landlord will still need to go through strict guidelines and you will be able to defend your case through the courts. Moreover, you need at least 2 months notice. In regards ***** ***** I would advise that you contact your local council to see if they can help you financially. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No thanks you waist my £5 allready
Can you see my reply