Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

My land lord sing beginning I have rented the house never

My land lord sing beginning I have rented the house never made proper maintenance in the House even we stay whit smell of diesel and no hitting facilities for 4 days plus many other
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Armagh
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: We got so many issues whitbthe House I have pictures and proof plus I made the maintenance in the house because we had accident whit pipe and we was over folded whit water

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not might I invite you to leave me a positive rating before you go, this ensures the site pays me for the time spent answering your question.

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.