UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have been renting my property which I use as my business

I have been renting my property which I use as my business from an estate for 13 year's and run my business in 2 properties rented by the estate. They are now saying they want be to move out and they will not let me rent another property due to my business. Even though I have photographic evidence that the property is much better condition since I've lived here in 6 years then when I took the property over.Would this been deemed discrimination based on profession?

What business do you run?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Dog boarding
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The dogs live within the house
I am licensed by the local authority to have 6 paying dogs here

I am afraid this would not be deemed to be discrimination as a business is not a protected characteristic. It is more of a commercial matter for you to agree on as landlord and tenant.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How do you prove discrimation for disability

Please see here for more information on disability discrimination: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/discrimination/discrimination-because-of-disability/what-counts-as-disability-discrimination/

Please click on 5 stars

Polite reminder. T

This question is still open. Please leave a positive rating so that I may close it.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I've already done it