JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Thankyou for your prompt response would you advise not

Thankyou for your prompt response Jim would you advise not paying bill until I have discourse with Clarion who are not responding to my phone calls

Hi there, this is Jim.
Thanks for the follow up question.
Yes, I would not be in any agreement to pay their bill - it is an arbitrary figure they have given you with no breakdown, so for all you know it could be wrong. It is also incumbent on a claimant to give evidence before they go to the trouble of involving the court and issuing a claim. The rules are clear (the pre-action protocol), which states that proceedings should be avoided wherever possible. I would recommend perhaps writing to them to point this out, they are not lawyers so may be unaware of their pre action obligations.
I hope this helps,
Jim