How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joy Nicholas Your Own Question
Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1802
Experience:  Lawyer
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Joy Nicholas is online now

Its over a flat i owned i was never asked about property on

This answer was rated:

Its over a flat i owned i was never asked about property on my application.12 months ago i openly disclosed that i had one and its up for sale. Since then they have stopped my housing benefits and comunity charge and have know asked for thousands back. Help Colin Woodhouse
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm have you spoken to anyone else about this matter? This is an email service so there may be a delay on my answer but I will answer your question here.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No-one else
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok no phone call
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Where do i start from eith this problem
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Did you receive my text
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Normally their terms will be set out in the paperwork you received from them or they may ask this question when you make your application. If neither apply I would advise that you write them a letter setting out your claim. I would strongly advise that you instruct a solicitor to represent you. You will find a solicitor by using the law society find a solicitor link here: may qualify for legal aid if you have low income and want to take the case to court. You can check if you can get legal aid here:
You might be able to find a pro bono lawyer by attending a LawWorks Clinic. The LawWorks Clinics Network is a network of free legal advice sessions that LawWorks (the Solicitors Pro Bono Group) supports. For more information and to find a network near you please visit the following website:
You could also visit your local Citizens Advice Bureau ( For more information please visit: or Personal Support Unit for advice about a legal problem (For more information please visit:
I hope this helps and I wish you all the best in this matter.
Joy Nicholas and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you