Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I am not sure its with property law. It is more about a

I am not sure its with property law. It is more about a telephone lease we took out over 6 years ago we have now paid up the lease and just pay them for phone lines and calls. However they have come back to us saying we owe them the maintenance costs that they forgot to bill us (which when we paid for the lease) I thought costs like that were wrapped up in calls I am at a loss of who I can ask for advice on what they can do
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Well I was prepared to come to an agreement , they said it was £6000 we owed I was prepared to go to £2,500 as I dont think it is our fault if they have not invoiced us even thought they say it was signed for at the time of the lease and no doubt it was. However I cant find the paperwork and I have asked them but funnily enough they cant find it. So I did agreed £2500 which included this years maintenance and we were going to stay with them and get a new phone system as always been happy with them. But now they say £3000 and you stay with us for another 2 years maintenance well I keep telling them that one as part of a maintenance agreement you need to service the system - they havent done that
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Liverpool office
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well I dont want to waste your time if Its not something you can help with?
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm have you spoken to anyone else about this matter? This is an email service so there may be a delay on my answer but I will answer your question here.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
No nobody just the company we have been dealing with
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
I have just submitted the payment
Customer: replied 2 day ago.
What am I supposed to do now if you cant call and I have submitted payment
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please contact customer services and they will reimburse you for the call. If the extra amount is not set out in a contract you should not have to pay for this. You should ask them to provide evidence i.e the contract setting out their claim. If they cannot provide this then you should not pay and you should make this clear to them. If they take the matter to court you will be able to defend their claim. Without strong evidence it is not likely that their claim will stand. I hope this helps. I would appreciate if you can please give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen for answering your question. I wish you all the best in this matter.