Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I and my wife own our house jointly. My wife is saying she

I and my wife own our house jointly. My wife is saying she wants to move, but I do not (I am 77 years old). Can she compel me to sell it?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Nothing. This is all hypothetical at the moment.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: n Kent
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Hi, thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Can I confirm have you spoken to anyone else about this matter? This is an email service so there may be a delay on my answer but I will answer your question here.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
No - I have not contacted anyone else.
Hi, thank you for your message. As you owe the house jointly she cannot compel you to sell you will need to come to an agreement. I hope this helps. I would appreciate if you can please give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen. Best wishes to you.