Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

Moved into a property 1.5 months ago, since day 1, we have

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Moved into a property 1.5 months ago
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: since day 1, we have had issues with plumbing (lack of hot water), a broken dishwasher (we have in our tenancy agreement that it would be replaced prior to the start of our tenancy) and a very slow moving and incompetent property manager we are requesting a reimbursement of rent based on breach of contract
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: what are your thoughts? do I have grounds to ask for this? located in South Kensington in London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it
Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi please do
Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this.

Firstly , you can make a written compliant via the internal complaint procedure of these letting agent company , for the inconveniences you had to face due to actions or inactions of these agents , and ask for compensation.

You can also report this agent to the Environmental health of your local council , professional regulatory body these agents are member of.

If the matter is not resolved by any of these options, then you can initiate compensation claim against your Landlord for your inconveniences . Before you start a court claim for compensation, you must send a formal 'letter before action' to your landlord and their letting agent. This letter must set out the detail of your claim.

You would need to file form N208 for claiming the amount.

Click below web link for the relevant form and guidance-

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/866792/N208_eng_0818.pdf

Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.