How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1434
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

Moved into a property 1.5 months ago, since day 1, we have

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Moved into a property 1.5 months ago
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: since day 1, we have had issues with plumbing (lack of hot water), a broken dishwasher (we have in our tenancy agreement that it would be replaced prior to the start of our tenancy) and a very slow moving and incompetent property manager we are requesting a reimbursement of rent based on breach of contract
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: what are your thoughts? do I have grounds to ask for this? located in South Kensington in London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thats it
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi please do
Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this.

Firstly , you can make a written compliant via the internal complaint procedure of these letting agent company , for the inconveniences you had to face due to actions or inactions of these agents , and ask for compensation.

You can also report this agent to the Environmental health of your local council , professional regulatory body these agents are member of.

If the matter is not resolved by any of these options, then you can initiate compensation claim against your Landlord for your inconveniences . Before you start a court claim for compensation, you must send a formal 'letter before action' to your landlord and their letting agent. This letter must set out the detail of your claim.

You would need to file form N208 for claiming the amount.

Click below web link for the relevant form and guidance-

Expert:  Vineet S replied 9 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.