Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Waited around a year for my hoise to be fixed, still stuff

Customer Question

Waited around a year for my hoise to be fixed , still stuff is being bungled and my house is rotting fron escape of water and i m living in it .
Expert:  Anthony Chendo replied 11 days ago.

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please can you confirm who you are awaiting a response regarding the escape of water claim and please confirm what part of the UK is your property based?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Admiral , south norfolk

Thanks for the further information.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

I suggest you consider contacting the insurers via telephone and advise the damage is deteriorating which inevitably increases the amount of money they will pay out. Further you may wish to consider reminding them of your rights under the Consumers Rights Act 2015 which states service provided must be performed with reasonable care and skill. Therefore given the delay it appears the service received so far is below standard.

Hopefully once they aware you know your rights and the longer this matter is left the more money spent they will undertake a proactive approach to rectifying the damage and resolve your losses.

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe.