How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vineet S Your Own Question
Vineet S
Vineet S,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 1434
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Vineet S is online now

We moved in in a new flat in july 2020, we are renting and

Customer Question

Hi , we moved in in a new flat in july 2020 , we are renting and for the last 3 months there were some road works that are extremely noisy in our street, we nboth work from home so it makes it almost impossible for us to work. Can we ask for a compensation or a rent discount from the landlord ?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: e2 6qa
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
ok prfect
Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this.

You can ask for compensation from your Landlord for the repairs/works he is responsible for during the tenancy.

However , Landlord can not be asked to compensate for things which are beyond his control

Expert:  Vineet S replied 8 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.