Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have a tenanted property and as per the tenant the

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a tenanted property and as per the tenant the property is in good condition and needs a lot of works but when I ask him to vacate so I get all the works done he doesn't want to vacate
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Not I mean not in good condition
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Hayes, greater London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

I will get back to you with my answer shortly.

Many Thanks.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Hi there,

Tenants have the right to quiet enjoyment of the rented property, without any undue interference from the Landlord.

The Landlords can not enter the premises without the consent of the tenant. The Landlords have to give reasonable notice to the tenants for their visits/inspection, repair works of the rented accommodation, in all eventualities a prior-notice of at least 24 hours must be provided to the tenant.

If the tenant is refusing access to the Landlord for repair work , and repairs are of urgent nature, then the landlord should mention the liability for costs to the tenant if the property deteriorates because of the lack of access. They should also inform them that they, the landlord, will no longer be responsible for injury to the tenant, or damage to their property, if it results from lack of access. If the landlords hasn’t been unable to make the necessary repairs to ensure their safety, and they cannot then be blamed for any problems that may arise because of it.

Landlord can gain access to the property by getting an injunction order from the court.

If the repair work are of such nature, that it can not be undertaken while the property is occupied, or would be unsafe for the occupants then Landlord would have to evict the tenants for carrying out the needed repairs .

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
If the repair work are of such nature, that it can not be undertaken while the property is occupied, or would be unsafe for the occupants then Landlord would have to evict the tenants for carrying out the needed repairs .This is what I need do I can I evict them ? How much will it cost and how long will it take?
Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Eviction on repair work can be done if the needed works involved are major /structural repairs.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Sorry didn't realize the £44 charge, please cancel the phone call
Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Hi there,

Hi there,

If no one calls you then you will not be charged for it - an "authorisation" has been made for payment, that's all. However, the call request is open to all experts. If you would like to cancel the call and the charge, then Kindly contact Just Answer`s Customers team for your request, by emailing at *****@******.*** or via phone call - 0808(###) ###-####/em>

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
It's not structural repairs, it needs new pipes for heating, new flooring and full paint
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The email id you gave is invalid
Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Eviction for repairs only allowed if there are major repair works , including structural changes, redevelopment of the property.

If it is minor works, then eviction would not be possible ,during the fixed term of the tenancy.