Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
107933507

I have entered in process of selling my house. but the

Customer Question

I have entered in process of selling my house. but the alleged sale, i don't believe is real, some things that strike me as odd. 1. i have no contract with the estate agent at all. The solicitor, just A4 blank piece of paper (no company details on a header for eg.) it is just plain type stating my name and address and that the said Solicitors name and business address stating they are acting for me on sale of my property. Previously over in Northern Ireland i got a , what i consider a proper contract stating fees and exceptions and rules. How do you advise i should proceed to protect myself ?
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon, i would carry out a solicitor check on the law society website. If they are regulated by the law society then you would be protected.

They should then send you thorough initial instructions. If you feel suspicious about them i would advise instructing a different solicitor.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what about the estate agent, as i have no contract am i legally bound in anyway?
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 15 days ago.

If there is no contract with them and you have not signed any type of agreement with them to sell your property then no you are not legally bound in any way

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ok thanks i will leave it there tx
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 15 days ago.

No problem