Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I've given break clause notice to my landlord but I realized

Customer Question

Hi, I've given break clause notice to my landlord but I realized the "earliest date" to give notice was 37 hours ago. What can I do to avoid paying one additional month because of this?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Emails
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: London
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I tried contacting the rental agents on the date but they were unresponsive
Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Hi there,

Tenants are expected to give notice in a way and on the time as provided in the tenancy agreement . for example If notice is required to be given in writing then verbal notice would not be considered.

Any notice given in contravention of the agreed tenancy agreement can be deemed as invalid.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

Any late notice given for exercising break clause, would not be valid and would not terminate the tenancy.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 7 days ago.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Thank you and all the best.

Expert:  Vineet S replied 1 day ago.