Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

I have a question regarding my tenancy deposit My lease says

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question regarding my tenancy deposit My lease says the landlord should inform me about any deductions from the deposit within 10 days and return my deposit back in 30 days he failed to do so i am wondering what i can do
JA: What steps has the landlord taken so far? Has he prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: His agent emailed me today (Sept 18th was the end of tenancy) to tell me they will deduct 160+VAT for cleaning that is it
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: E14 0TG
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: They told me within 10 days that they weren't happy with the cleaning but didn't tell me how much they were going to deduct
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Welcome to Just Answer, I am a practicing solicitor in England and Wales and I will be dealing with your case today.

Kindly note, I am not available for phone calls at the moment, however I can easily assist you via this online chat.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi, please do

Hi there,

Could you please confirm if the cleaning charge deductions were agreed in the tenancy agreement?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Professional cleaning was asked in the tenancy agreement, which I hired a company for but they didn't do a good job

Alright , now the agents have got it cleaned ? and invoiced you the charges?

You can ask for the invoice from the professional cleaners and can dispute if no such invoice is provided

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
No, because the day they did the checkout report, the new tenants were moving in so they didn't
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
they only want to deduct the quote they have for professional cleaning
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
my question is more about the breach of contract
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
30 days passed and i still don't have my money back and the contract clearly states it

Dispute any such deductions with the Administrator of the Tenancy deposit scheme.

It would be deemed as breach of the contract if the deposit is not refunded back within the stipulated time.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
DPS would be the administrator is right?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Am i understanding this correctly; if there is no invoice of cleaning done by the agents
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
i don't have to pay this amount?

Yes , Administrator of your deposit scheme. Your Landlord would have served you the prescribed information about the details .

Agents /Landlords are legally obliged to provide to their tenants. the following Prescribed Information within 30 days of the agent/landlord receiving the deposit.

• The amount of the deposit

• The address of the property

• The name, address and contact details of the administrator of the tenancy deposit scheme with which the deposit is held

• The name, address, and contact details of the landlord and tenants and any third parties who have contributed to the deposit.

If there is no invoice , then tell them you can not pay , and dispute this cleaning charges with the Administrator of your deposit scheme.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.

My pleasure, thanks again.