SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

Can my landlord or landlords agent try to evict me for

Can my landlord or landlords agent try to evict me for paying 6 days late....or do I have to by law be in a full two months arrears for that to happen ...I'm really confused any advice would be brilliant

Good afternoon to you, I'm Lea and I am going to assist you today.

At present if you are in arrears of rent, any amount, the landlord will still have to serve you with six months notice as the law is currently different due to the pandemic. If you are six months or more in arrears, the landlord can serve a four week notice and then proceed to apply to court for a possession order.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Six months?I had assumed it was two months? Did the property law recently change?
Customer: replied 2 day ago.

Yes, the law changed due to COVID.