Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Is an overgrowing tree on private land from public pavement

Is an overgrowing tree on private land from public pavement an invasion of private air space in law
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Only written emails to Tree dept in Council - they never respond
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: Tree planted on public pavement in Belsize Park. Overhangs a large section of apartment block private garden
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Could you advise if your service is free or if not, cost. Thank you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This tree, which is planted on the pavement outside our block, overhangs our private garden and is a hazard as branches have fallen in our garden.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please cancel subscription

Hi thank you for your message, I appreciate this is important to you so I will endeavour to give you a quick but clear answer. Please note this is not a chat service so responses may not be instantaneous. In terms of the tree you are entitled to cut back any part of the tree overhanging your land. Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have had no response
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you Jeremy Cut back without council consent?

Yes you can cut back any branches or part of the tree that overhang the boundary i.e. that are on your side of the fence. Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. That information is sufficient and helpful

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Gave succinct answer to my legal query

Thank you, ***** ***** have a great evening