SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Here is the tenancy agreement. Please have a look and let me

Hi there. Here is the tenancy agreement. Please have a look and let me know as soon as you can. Thank you

Hi Thank you for your document. I will review it on the other thread and request that it is removed from here so that it is not on the Q & A. I will review it for you shortly and should give you my view.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
That would be great, can you also answer the other question I asked as it is the same as this one. You can ask for that one to be removed also. Thank you so much.

Hi your tenancy agreement does contain a break clause and this gives you and the landlord the right to give 2 months notice to terminate the agreement earlier than 29 November 2020. It says 2 months and this is to coincide with the 2 months notice required normally for the section 21 notice. Your landlord is therefore relying this schedule 5 to give you notice that ends earlier than 29 November and you have accepted it.

The clause is here:

1.1 Break Clause Notwithstanding the fixed term stated in Clause 1 of the Main Terms of the Tenancy, the Parties hereby agree that this Agreement may be terminated by either party giving to the other at least two months notice in writing, such notice not to expire until after six months of the start date of the Term. At the end of such notice the Tenancy shall end and all obligations and responsibilities shall cease; subject nevertheless to any claim by either Party against the other in respect of any breach of any of the terms and conditions of the Agreement Should the Tenancy be terminated on a date which is not the last day of a rental period then the Tenant’s obligation to pay rent shall cease on the termination date and the rent payment will be apportioned accordingly"

Were you given your deposit protection scheme certificate? I am not sure the way they have provided for the security here reads as should and therefore just want to make sure it was indeed protected with the right scheme because if it wasn't you may be able to claim compensation for up to 3 times value of deposit which would be great.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I do have to move out on the 6'th of November then? I don't have a choice basically.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I wasn't given a deposit scheme certificate, all they send me was that file there with the Tenancy Agreement.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Around June-July I did ask them if I could use the deposit to lower the total of the arrears I owned and they said I couldn't.

You would have to move but if you did not they have to take you to Court and it is not a short process with the current pandemic.

Write to them to say may they send to you your deposit protection scheme certificate. If they have not protected it you are entitled to compensation. If they have protected it after 30 December 2019 they also are liable to compensate you.