Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

I am a private landlord & I rent individual rooms in my

Good morning. I am a private landlord & I rent individual rooms in my property. I have 3 rooms which has 3 tenants most of the times. Very rarely it will 4 tenants if it is couples in one room. Do I need a HMO licence for my property. Please advise.

Welcome to JA.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

It is likely your property will be classed as a hmo because its rented out to 3 people that are not from the same family. Whether you require a licence is a decision your council will determine.

Therefore you should contact your local council and they will provide further information regarding whether your home requires a licence.

Please see below a link for further information about the point discussed above.

https://www.gov.uk/house-in-multiple-occupation-licence

I hope I have clarified the position if not please let me know.

Thanks and stay safe.