SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

We have just been told that the landlord wants to sell their

We have just been told that the landlord wants to sell their property and have been given 6 months to leave.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: thu want to measure and photograph the inside of the house on Monday. And put the house on the market.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Cornwall near Torpoint.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: After several times asking him does he have any plans to sell in which he said no as we have landscaped the garden.

Good morning thank you for your enquiry and patience. I am a solicitor in England and Wales and happy to guide you. I am sorry to hear of your situation. If the tenancy agreement does not state plans to sell and he has said he is not looking to sell then his notice cannot terminate mid your tenancy agreement, you can refuse to move. However if the notice if lapsing when your tenancy is dur to end then based on their assurance that they are not looking to sell you will be able to claim reimbursment of your money used to do the landscaping in damages. You will need to provide him with the quote, invoice and/or receipts. I hope this helps but if i can clarify further please do not hesitate to send your follow up question, i am happy to assist you. All the best.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Can we refuse entry into the house as we don’t think it’s right that they can take photos of our dressed house and belongings?
While we are still living here?

Regrettably you cannot deny them access if they do not have photos of the property for advertising it however they have to make necessary arrangements to ensure your belongings are not the centre of their images and if it means having to cover them or move them they have to foot the bill for the same and to compensate for any inconvenience.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you for your help.

You are very welcome. I am glad I could help. All the best.