SASH_Law
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
96947008

I am the landlord. My tenant is on a 12 month lease that

I am the landlord. My tenant is on a 12 month lease that expires on Dec 2. I would like to put the house on the market. With Covid, do I have to give six months notice?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Sorry. I’m in England
JA: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: None
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I’m aware of

Good evening to you, I'm Lea and I am going to assist you today.

Yes, until March 2021, notice has to be six months, unless the tenant is in at least six months of arrears, in which case you can give a four week notice (s8).

You can, of course, always sell the property with a sitting tenant if you wish.

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is: 0808(###) ###-####/li>
  4. This is a Question & Answer site.
Customer: replied 2 day ago.

You're very welcome.

And of course, your tenants may want to move out at the end of their contract too - you can check with them.